Breast Cancer Impact Information
Breast cancer affects everyone – women and men. That’s why Peak Roofing & Construction is helping fight cancer through Real Men Wear Pink. This team of community leaders is working to raise awareness and money to support the American Cancer Society and their work to treat and cure breast cancer.
- In 2018, more than 266,000 people are expected to be newly diagnosed with breast cancer in the U.S.
- Nationwide, 41,400 are expected to die from breast cancer this year.
- Breast cancer is the most common cancer diagnosed in women, other than skin cancer.
- Breast cancer is the second-leading cause of cancer death in women.
- From 1989 to 2015, the U.S. breast cancer death rate decreased 39 percent. A decline attributed to improvements in early detection and treatment. That translates to an estimated 322,600 lives that have been saved.
- In 2017, The American Cancer Society:
- Helped more than 33,000 women manage appearance-related side effects of treatment.
- Provided more than 9,000 peer support services to breast cancer patients.