Hail Storms Pummel North Texas
Categories: Storm Damage
Massive storms rolled through North Texas last night, bringing with them lots of lightning and damaging hail. These extreme weather conditions cause millions of dollars in damage each year to Texas homes, specifically to roofs. Last night’s storm was no exception.
The most damaging hail moved east across Plano shortly after 10:15 p.m. Hail was reported as large as 2 inches in diameter. A severe lightning storm also set some roofs on fire.
What to Do After a Hail Storm:
- Walk around your house and check for any damage. Record any issues and take photos.
- Inspect your roof for damage. Keep an eye out for bruising, granule loss, missing shingles, underlayment fracturing and wood splitting. However, many damages are not visible so it’s always best to call a professional right away for a free roof inspection.
- After the inspection, the roofing professional will tell you if your roof has sustained any damage. At this point you’ll need to get your insurance involved. This can be a frustrating process, but don’t worry: Peak Roofing & Construction is an expert on navigating insurance claims and we’ll be there every step of the way.
Things to Remember:
- Always choose a roofing company that offers free roof inspections, is insured and bonded, and has years of experience in the area.
- Having many roofers come out and get on your roof could cause more damage, so try to limit how many people are walking on your roof.
- Don’t wait to call a professional roofer about potential hail damage. The longer you wait the worse off it could be.
Peak Roofing & Construction is the leading roofer in Frisco and the DFW Metroplex. Call us today at (972) 335-7325 for your free hail damage roof repair inspection.